HOW TO MAKE AND CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT
PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION HAS CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19
Please visit our Coronavirus Information page for up to date information.
The surgery operates a booked appointment system for all consultations with clinicians.
Urgent problem? You can be seen on the day by an on-call clinician in an emergency appointment.
Non-urgent problem? You can make a routine appointment with a clinician up to 4 weeks in advance. Appointments are bookable through reception desk, by telephone, in person or via or our online booking service.
We do offer extended hours appointments outside of our normal opening times. We run regular Saturday morning clinics from Moorfield House Surgery and occasional evening clinics.
In order for our reception staff to help you please:
- Be prepared to give some details of your problem
- Tell us if your condition may be infectious e.g. a rash so we can arrange for you to wait separately from other patients
- Be on time for your appointment
- Cancel unwanted appointments well in advance
- Make a separate appointment for each person who needs to attend
- Bring only 1 or 2 problems to each appointment (remember, you only have a few minutes!)
Please remember that you can see any doctor at the practice. If you do not mind which clinician you see we can usually give you an appointment quicker. You may have to wait longer if you want to see a specific doctor. This is because some of our doctors are part-time and do not have as many appointments each week.
You can also make appointments to see our nurses up to 4 weeks in advance.
Urgent Care Centre
For all urgent, on the day, appointments you will be required to visit Moorfield House Surgery. Moorfield House Surgery is our dedicated Urgent Care Centre staffed by a multi-disciplinary team from the five surgeries.
Due to Moorfield House Surgery being used for Urgent Care, all patients who were registered with Moorfield House Surgery will be offered routine appointments at South Wye Medical Centre and Aylestone Hill Surgery. However, if you wish to be seen at another Hereford Medical Group site, as this may be more convenient for you, you will also be able to do this.
Online Booking Service
You can now register for our online booking service which allows you to book and cancel your own routine appointments.
- Accessible 24 hours a day!
- See appointments available and pick the one that suits you
- Safe and secure
- Book routine appointments with the doctor or nurses
To find out more about online booking please ask the receptionist. For security you will need to be issued with a pin number and access codes before using this service.
Our practice offers telephone consultations which can be booked in advance or requested on the day if you need to speak to a doctor quickly. Telephone consultations are useful for patients who find it difficult to come into the practice. They are especially useful for:
- Providing the results of investigations
- Medication reviews
- Health promotion e.g. promoting immunisation, cervical smear or smoking cessation services
- Follow-ups of patients with ongoing medical problems such as managing diabetes and patients with some mental health issues such as depression
- If you would like to speak to a doctor by phone please ask the receptionist
Missed appointments waste valuable resources. If you do not tell us in advance that you are unable to attend we cannot offer the appointment to someone else. Wasted appointments mean that everyone has to wait longer to be seen. If you are unable to attend please cancel your appointment. You can do this by phone, in person, by sending a text message reading CANCEL in response to your reminder text.