Social Prescribing Service
What is Social Prescribing?
Your health and well-being is affected by all sorts of different factors, and sometimes there may be non-medical issues or barriers affecting your overall health that you need support to overcome, and this is where Social Prescribing can help.
Social Prescribers can work with you to address some of the challenges you face that prevent you living well, and work with you to develop the tools you need to improve your situation and how you’re feeling.
The Social Prescriber at HMG can work with you to understand what’s important to you, what you want to achieve, and connect you to support and services in your local community that can help you reach your goals.
The Social Prescriber at HMG can support you to access a range of services, including those that can help with:
- Debt, Money Worries and Finances (including Welfare Benefits)
- Loneliness and Social Isolation
- Specific Health Condition Support Groups and Services (Cancer, Dementia, Epilepsy, etc)
- Supporting Carers
- Finding Employment, Volunteering and Accessing Training
- Local Covid-19 Support Services
- Drug and Alcohol Misuse
- Community Transport
- Bereavement Support
- Support for Veterans and Immediate Family Members Of
- Domestic Abuse
- Being more active
Social Prescribing isn’t suitable for everybody, but if you would like a referral the Social Prescribing service, please call the practice 01432 272 175 or contact us via the contact form on our website.