Practice Nurses at HMG assess, screen, treat and educate patients, and help doctors give medical care.
HMG have recently recruited an Occupational Health Nurse, Julie Davis, who offers occupational health services for both our staff and patients.
The merger allowed Hereford Medical Group to develop roles that would not have been possible when we were individual practices. Wendy and Victoria have joined the team as Mental Health Nurses.
Wendy and Victoria:
- Provide a triage service for patients within HMG struggling with their mental health
- Offer support to all age groups
They offer the following services:
- Brief intervention for conditions such as anxiety, stress management and depressive illnesses
- Initiate and monitor psychiatric medication
- Onward referrals to specialist services ie Lets Talk, CLD, Addaction, mental health recovery teams and mental health perinatal services
- Monitoring for severe and enduring mental health conditions
- Liaise with other mental health professionals such as CAHTT and Mental Health liaison for those in acute mental health distress.