HOW TO ORDER A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION
Order your Repeat Prescription through Patient Access
Patient Access is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can order your repeat prescription online.
To register for this service, please click here
If you need regular medication your doctor may authorise the issue of repeat prescriptions. When you receive your prescription you will also receive a tear-off portion giving details of your repeat medication. Please allow at least two to three working days to collect your prescription from the reception desk and three working days if you would like to collect your medication from a pharmacy. Please DO NOT wait with your request until you have run out of tablets.
Other ways to order your Repeat Prescription
- By post, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope if the prescription is to be returned.
- By phone from 10am - 1pm, please visit the HMG Sites section of this website to see prescription line phone numbers.
- Personally at the reception desk (not avaliable due to covid-19).
- Drop into the post box at the surgery entrance (not avaliable due to covid-19).
- Email email@example.com.
- If you run short of medication unexpectedly, your regular Pharmacist may be able to help you pending a repeat prescription being ordered in the normal way.
People in the following categories are automatically exempt from prescription charges: Children under 16, under 19 and in full-time education, men and women over 60, people with certain chronic medical conditions, pregnant women and women within one year of giving birth.
It is sometimes worthwhile to buy a season ticket for pre-payment of prescription charges. Form FP95 is available by simply contacting the number on the back of your prescription side slip.